Monday, July 9, 2012

Bad Reception


Have you ever wondered "Can I hear God when hes calling?" I know I have asked myself this very question numerous times. I remember a time growing up when I was told to listen for God, and I actually waited around for him to verbally speak to me. Now how many have you have ever done that. Don't be shy, go ahead and raise your hand. hehehe. I think quite a few of us have been their. Now did I ever verbally hear God tell me directions? Not really.
    How many different ways are their that God can communicate with us. Well their are quite a few, but here's the thing you just got to listen. How many times have I asked why doesn't God just tell me what he wants me to do!? Now how many of those times did God try to speak to me and I just wan st listening. woooooooo Ya a lot. Sometimes we get so busy with our lives and our thoughts that we just push him out. There has but a lot going on in my personal life and family, weddings, babies, work and so much more. But have I stopped to listen? I can say Ive stopped to complain. hehehe I can say that Ive heard the Lord trying to get my attention in many ways. Lately hes really been speaking through the preachings. I mean who's to say he wasn't before but i just wasn't listening.
      We expect a very loud and personal no or yes when it comes to dealing with God but we don't listen to the stillness for him.The Lord has been working in my life and trying to get my attention but i haven't been paying him any mind. Going to and fro so busy that i wouldn't even be bothered if summer turned to fall sooner then later. Now as i sit and be still  i know that He has been calling and i haven't been answering.
      I go off to Missionettes camp in a bout a week and I know i need to be prepared. How can i expect my girls to be ready to receive from God and say they are so cold and don't care if I'm the same way. Life is funny. I know that to lead you need to lead by example and direction. who is gonna follow the crazy one who doesn't know whats up from down? ya no one. I want my girls to listen. I want them to hear what Christ has for them. I want them to experience him like never before. I want them to be on fire for him! BUT for all of that i must do it first. I must listen, I must experience (daily), I must be on fire for God first!
      Listening is a big part of life. We need to hear directions when they are given. We need to listen when others need us to care. We need to listen if we want to bring change. Ya listening is very important. We cant grow spiritually if we don't listen for God.

I encourage you to take a moment and Listen...

No comments:

Post a Comment